Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can Qlikview-x86 profit from x64 memory?

Hi,

One of our datasources only has a 32bit ODBC driver available.

Can Qlikview-x86 profit from x64 Operating Systems memory capacity?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No. QlikView x86 will still only use 2 GB of RAM even if it is installed in the 64-bit system. What is the datasource?

My recommendation would be to reload the data first with the 32-bit QlikView where you may have to load one year or one month at a time depending on the data volume. (Use a for loop in the script.)You then store each year or month in a separate QVD and then you use QV x64 to combine the QVDs for you data model.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No. QlikView x86 will still only use 2 GB of RAM even if it is installed in the 64-bit system. What is the datasource?

My recommendation would be to reload the data first with the 32-bit QlikView where you may have to load one year or one month at a time depending on the data volume. (Use a for loop in the script.)You then store each year or month in a separate QVD and then you use QV x64 to combine the QVDs for you data model.

Regards.

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's what i suspected.

Great recommendation. I'll use x86 QV to create QVD files and clients can fully profit from QV-x64 capacities.

Thanks Karl