Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can Qlikview-x86 profit from x64 memory?

Hi,

One of our datasources only has a 32bit ODBC driver available.

Can Qlikview-x86 profit from x64 Operating Systems memory capacity?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No. QlikView x86 will still only use 2 GB of RAM even if it is installed in the 64-bit system. What is the datasource?

My recommendation would be to reload the data first with the 32-bit QlikView where you may have to load one year or one month at a time depending on the data volume. (Use a for loop in the script.)You then store each year or month in a separate QVD and then you use QV x64 to combine the QVDs for you data model.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No. QlikView x86 will still only use 2 GB of RAM even if it is installed in the 64-bit system. What is the datasource?

My recommendation would be to reload the data first with the 32-bit QlikView where you may have to load one year or one month at a time depending on the data volume. (Use a for loop in the script.)You then store each year or month in a separate QVD and then you use QV x64 to combine the QVDs for you data model.

Regards.

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's what i suspected.

Great recommendation. I'll use x86 QV to create QVD files and clients can fully profit from QV-x64 capacities.

Thanks Karl