Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Can an action change an expression of a pivot table within a container

Dear Qlikview user

I have a container which has 6 pivot tables

Each Pivot table has a drill down which drills down through a variety of filters

Each pivot table is showing a count

However I would like to know if a button can control what each pivot table shows?  I.e. If a user clicks on a particular button then the values within the pivot table could change from a Count to a Median etc

Is this at all possible?  Any help or next best thing scenarios, would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

As i mentioned, using hide / display with containers isn't the easiest and will end up leaving holes in the containers I think.

Please see an attached example of how to implement my second suggestion

View solution in original post

4 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

Yes you could control this either by:

1- having a few pivot tables and showing / hiding them based on the button pushed (use variables to control) this probably wont be the easiest with containers

2- using buttons to control a variable which then builds your formula

avinashelite

Yes, its possible. We have conditional display or use of expression (go to chart properties >expression>conditional) . Create a variable to enable and disable the expressions based on the button click ..

Hope this gives you some idea how to achieve this

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

As i mentioned, using hide / display with containers isn't the easiest and will end up leaving holes in the containers I think.

Please see an attached example of how to implement my second suggestion

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Adam

I shall deploy this technique

Kind Regards

Helen