Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Can an action change an expression of a pivot table within a container

Dear Qlikview user

I have a container which has 6 pivot tables

Each Pivot table has a drill down which drills down through a variety of filters

Each pivot table is showing a count

However I would like to know if a button can control what each pivot table shows?  I.e. If a user clicks on a particular button then the values within the pivot table could change from a Count to a Median etc

Is this at all possible?  Any help or next best thing scenarios, would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

As i mentioned, using hide / display with containers isn't the easiest and will end up leaving holes in the containers I think.

Please see an attached example of how to implement my second suggestion

View solution in original post

4 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

Yes you could control this either by:

1- having a few pivot tables and showing / hiding them based on the button pushed (use variables to control) this probably wont be the easiest with containers

2- using buttons to control a variable which then builds your formula

avinashelite

Yes, its possible. We have conditional display or use of expression (go to chart properties >expression>conditional) . Create a variable to enable and disable the expressions based on the button click ..

Hope this gives you some idea how to achieve this

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Helen,

As i mentioned, using hide / display with containers isn't the easiest and will end up leaving holes in the containers I think.

Please see an attached example of how to implement my second suggestion

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Adam

I shall deploy this technique

Kind Regards

Helen