cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can any one help me regarding master calendar

Hi all,

i am new to qlik view and i am not able to achieve master calendar. I want to combine two data fields and make it as one.

actually i have 8 different date fields in my app, to over come synthetic key i am making alias for every field. But i want to combine all date fields as one date field.

Iam attaching one qvw file and excels , can any one tell me the process to do that.

in the app i want three fields to join as one date field.(date created in table1, RecDate in table2 and DateEntered in table3 needs to join to one date field)

stevedarkloveisfailrwunderlichhichamswuehl

22 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For me it's working

Capture.PNG  Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil correct me if i am missing something

my expression is count(ClaimantId) and i am getting 0master1.pngmaster2.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You should use Count(Common)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hey i want count(claimantid) . we cant take count(common).

because i want number of claims in particular year and in that way  number of complaints in particular year. for that i will write count(Control#) .

can u suggest me how to achieve please

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can use that too, But, unfortunately you don't have linked ClaimantId certain data points on this. You can check in excel as well. If you want to use that you can use the Aggr() function.

Select field 2016 and use this ClaimantId and then look whether is there any associate with that

I would highly recommend you to mark as Helpful. So that, i can look the same link as your help indeed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

relation is there between those .......you can see in my example attached .

in this expression count({<clmYear = {"2016"}>}ClaimantId) i brought year from claims sheet and wrote count for that.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I have not seen, Any associative over here

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

maste1.pngi think this is the one we lost from master calendar. Because when we select 2016 or 2017 from clmYear list box then we have some count.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes, The main reason is you are creating Year only for table1. I done for all tables and that was the use of Master Calendar. And if you want to use that you can create and use that and delete master calendar. Then it will work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil,

when we create master calendar also the old should not break right? but for now its getting updated and relation is breaking. Why it is happening ?