Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Can i get data from any SQL query into qvw

Hi,

Can i get data from any SQL query which runs in SQL into qvw or there are any limitations such as few keywords will not work etc??

I think its not recognising REPLACE and few other keywords while reloading data from SQL

10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Rohan

You can load your SQL query in QVW

Eg:

SQL

Select * from Employee;

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Nirmal,

My query is that, any query which is executable on SQL server is recognised by Qlikview or there are any limitations as i was trying to get data from one of my SQL query but its throwing an error while loading it in qvw with above syntax.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

hi

you have to use replace like this

Ex:

replace load * from employee;

Not applicable

May I know what type of error you are faced?

Not applicable

Hi,

As per my knowledge there are certain limitations while u use SELECT query in qlikview. Can you post some sample code.

I have faced issues while using dates in where condition.

-Shruti

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

We can use SQL Query into QlikView Script... Better way is to use always Preceding Load....

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you post the query you are using?  without that it is difficult to identify the issue.

Regards,

Jagan.

rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Shruti,

I will share sample query in sometime. I was thinking in some other way if there are any limitations of keywords can we create SP and us it in qvw or it will also give error for those keywords?

Not applicable

Qlikview does not execute the SQL queries. It throws those queries to your database engine(Based upon your ODBC connections) and query gets executed their. QVW only plays with result set of the query.