Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't get the right value with Set analysis

I have a measure that tracks the number of aircrafts in service each month. I need the value for the last month of the current selection to compute the KPI for the current month.

I have a measure that tracks the number of AC/month, see graph below:
=SUM(aircraft_in_operation)

The column "aircraft_in_operation" contains float between 0 and 1 based on when the AC went into service (15th of the month => 0.5)

Derek_T_0-1667850265365.png

It works fine, and the value for the last month is around 160.

Now, I've tried this set analysis to get only the value for the last month (August 2022):
SUM({$<reportingDate = {">=$(=MonthStart(Max(EVENT_DATE)))"}>}aircraft_in_operation)

"EVENT_DATE" is from my calendar table, it's connected to the table with "reportingDate " and "aircraft_in_operation" by a key (month-operator-msn).

In the expression, {=MonthStart(Max(EVENT_DATE))} returns the correct value of "8/1/2022", so I should get the sum just for August, which is 160 but I get a number that's +5000.

What am I missing ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, yes date format checks out. 

The only solution I found was to store the value returned by: {=MonthStart(Max(EVENT_DATE))} in a variable. And then use this variable in the expression.

I don't understand why it worked using variables and not the other way though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ckarras22
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Can you confirm that AUG2022 is the last month in the table where reportingDate  resides? 

Does reportingDate  has the same format as the "8/1/2022" in its values? 

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, yes date format checks out. 

The only solution I found was to store the value returned by: {=MonthStart(Max(EVENT_DATE))} in a variable. And then use this variable in the expression.

I don't understand why it worked using variables and not the other way though.