Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you use data from one chart object in another chart object?

Is it possible to use a result expression from one chart object as an input for another chart object?

I know you can reference to different fields within the same object

Eg.

SALES=Sum(Sales);

BUDGET=Sum(Budget);

SalesVsBudget= [SALES]/[BUDGET]

but can you link to something like this:

SalesVsBudget= [ CH01 'SALES' ] / [ CH01 'BUDGET' ]

I assume the answer to this is a NO, but I was wondering if anyone has a better suggestion!

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

What do you wish to achieve?
If you use the formula for SALES also in Ch01, it should give always the same results.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

The example I am working with is more complicated that this.

It takes sellers and ranks them based on 4 calculation (eg Sales vs Budget, Meetings vs target,e tc).

I then add points based on a rank, and sum these points to show which seller has the most points.

I then want to remove the seller variable and group the data by Team (group of seller), but then the earlier Rank function does not work correctly.

eg Dimensions = Seller & Team

Expressions:

YELLOW_WINNER =

Rank( TOTAL Sum(Sales) / Sum(Target) )
(Rank sellers by sales vs target)

Y =

If([YELLOW_WINNER]=1,4,0)
(give 4 points to the top seller)

OVERALLWINNER=

Yes+Wilted Flower+Gift+
(add points from 4 variables to find a complete score)

This calculates an overall winner based on 4 variables. I then want to group this and sum by Team, not seller, to show the top "team".

Aside to this problem, It is also an interesting question, is it possible to link charts or not!

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

The overall winner above should say = Y+G+W+R,

but when I have added it as code with square brackets it has turned them into pictures. Tongue Tied