Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Case 897 Why section access only work when reload on my note book ?

Hi All

I have below load script , it work fine when the script is reload on my note book OSUser = DESKTOP-9837GT0\pauly. When i implement this script on my Qlik View note book OSUser = QV-PC\QV , it will not work. because when i open the document , i only can view SOURCE = TS and not all SOURCE.

SECTION ACCESS;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, SOURCE
USER, DESKTOP-9837GT0\pauly,*
ADMIN, QV-PC\QV,TS

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

LOAD * INLINE [
SOURCE, description
TS, BECKHOFF
TA, SCADA
SD, MOTION
LE, ROBOTICS

];

Below image shown that when reload on my note book , i can view SOURCE = TS TA SD LE , When reload by another note book  QV-PC\QV, when i open the QVW file , i only can view SOURCE = TS ( Which is not correct )

RELOAD ON MY NB.png

Can some one advise me where go wrong ?

Paul

21 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The issue here is the use of the * as the wildcard, and the misunderstanding is that * gets you everything, when in fact it ONLY gets you what any other user you have loaded in the Section Access table, so if you only load the one record using *, that will result in no records, as you did not load any other users etc.  

The correct way to address this, in particular when doing reloads via Publisher and you should have a user for Desktop side as well that you set to a reduction field value of blank, but you will need to be sure you set the Security setting in the application to Admin Override Security being checked, so you will be able to open the application, as if strict exclusion is set in the document properties Opening tab settings on the reduction settings, that can lock you out.  

This is not easy to explain, and I know I have previously provided HIC's Design Blog links for Section Access, and I would recommend you go back through those and review them again, as they are very good at explaining things, and you can also check the other following links too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&f...

And the following FixIt video may be helpful too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Fix/Qlik-Fix-How-to-Show-Authorization-Table-from-Section-Access/...

Section Access is tricky, and the only way to learn it is to play with until you figure things out on your own, as that is what I had to do in order to truly understand it, did not matter how many folks explained things to me, until I did things myself, it just did not make sense in a lot of cases.  The Qlik Fix video should likely prove useful I think, that is just a few weeks old.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Brett

thank you for the detail info.

paul