Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CashFlow Statement Report for Periods

Hi,

I need to make a cashflow report in QlikView where to show both opening and closing amount together with cash flow transaction categories.

Is there anyway to do it without making formula for every line? There are a lot of categories involved so I need somthing simple,

Please find in the attached Excel an detailed explanation of both the source data and of the desired end result.

Regards,

John

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check the attachment, I think it is not possible to get closing amount of the day to next day.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have considered it but think of that:

If ata the beginning of 1st day I had 10 EUR (let's say) the closing balance of the 1st day will be 20.

So what you call closing amount is actualy only the cashflow modification for the day (i.e for 1st day I have 10 eur more).

I know that it is not possible by default to take the closing amount to the next column but I am looking for a solution: for example in the script, etc...

John

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi John,

Check the attachment, i somehow managed to get opening balance.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. It is usefull, yet the closing balance is not including the opening balance.

By the way, the date will be part of an hierarchy (week, month, year). I want the report to be correct whatever I select and I must have the report with motnhs, weeks as columns also:

Thanks.

John

Not applicable
Author

By definition, from what I understand, wouldnt the opening balance for one period be the closing balance for the period before?

There might be a way using resident load to alter the periods like period -1 openingbalance as closingbalance

Not applicable
Author

Yes Marc, you understand correctly.

I will explain the business need so you can undestand in more detail:

The business process is about money: you pay and you get revenues from different sources.

At the end of each day after you have paid and you have collected money you have an amount. This amount is of course the same as the money you have at the beginning of next day. (opening balance today is the closing balance of yesterday).

I need to make the report to show the closing balance and opening balance for each period and also, in the same report what I have paid and for what (expenses, loan returns) and what revenues I have. Of course I must be able to show the report daily, weekly, monthly.

Regards,