Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change date format!!

hi all..I have a scenario where i read data from the excel spreadsheet which has a date column of format(MMM YYYY), but it is interpreting the data present in that column as an integer..my dates are like [42644.0] for oct 2016, [42614.0] for sept 2016 and so on..I tried everything but nothing worked for me..I guess QV is taking it as text.. In This case how do i proceed as to get the desired output in the MMM YYYY format..please help!!

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Date#(fieldname,'MMM  YYYY') as fieldname

Or

Date(fieldname,'MMM  YYYY') as fieldname

Use the above during load

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The underlying value in  Excel is the date number, so all you need in QV is to format it as a date:

Date(FieldName) as Date

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

guys thanks for help..but didn't work for me..I've tried like almost everything..can't fix it..QV is reading it as text..num(), num#(), alt(), date() or date#() none are working..is there any other way out to fix this?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

go to Number Tab >> Select Date >> in format expression type MMM YYYY

or post the app the demonstrates the problem

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

sample app,pls?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

or try this way :

Date(AddYears(Date(Date#('19'&Right(yrdatefield,6),'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

,100*Left(yrdatefield,1)),'DD/MM/YYYY') As  NewDatefield;

sangeess21
Creator
Creator

Goto Settings--> Document Properties-->Number tab--> Select the date field and change the number format settings to Date. (Change the format pattern to MMM/YYYY)

Thanks,

Sangeetha