Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Change selections for one tab of a combobox

Hi,

I have a combobox with several tabs

<=> The chart on one of those tabs does not work with the standard set of selections that I activate when the button for this sheet gets clicked (year, month) because for the current month, there is no data.

=> For that particular chart, I have to either remove the month_selection or select an earlier month.

<=> There is no way to identify which tab a user is currently looking at in a combobox

=> I was thinking of employing a variable: When a specific tab would  be clicked, a button (a transparent button I'd place on top of it) would change a variable and the month_selection would be removed. When any of the other tabs (and the button on top of it) would be clicked, the month_selection would return.

<=> Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way: Apparently, the button "covers" the tab underneath it and when I click one of the tabs, only the corresp. button reacts, but not the combobox, so that's kind of pointless.

Can anybody help me there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is no way to identify the tabs that are clicked in a container object. basically saying you cannot have a variable set to 1 or 0 and track the status of the tab. The only way to achieve what you are looking for is, by not using a container. And if you don';t use a container, then you can achieve this by hiding and showing the charts based on the buttons.

You can mimic the container UI by making similar buttons and placing them adjacent together, just the way the container appears. And then on all the charts, use the calculation condition as the same variable that you will use to show or hide the chart. This will make sure that there is no performance issue as all the charts are open but hidden.

I am suggesting this to you as i have already implemented such UI as i had to achieve something similar to what you are looking for here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aadil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is no way to identify the tabs that are clicked in a container object. basically saying you cannot have a variable set to 1 or 0 and track the status of the tab. The only way to achieve what you are looking for is, by not using a container. And if you don';t use a container, then you can achieve this by hiding and showing the charts based on the buttons.

You can mimic the container UI by making similar buttons and placing them adjacent together, just the way the container appears. And then on all the charts, use the calculation condition as the same variable that you will use to show or hide the chart. This will make sure that there is no performance issue as all the charts are open but hidden.

I am suggesting this to you as i have already implemented such UI as i had to achieve something similar to what you are looking for here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aadil

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Aadil,

you're right, I could do this. Maybe I will at some point or when our top_managers come screaming that this one chart isn't working... I have just copied the objects from another dashboard.

Maybe I will eventually abandon all instances of container objects - it's just too cumbersome that you cannot identify which tab is active and you cannot have a "default_upon_opening" rgd. containers. Not just now, though, it would be too time-consuming and adding too little value.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler