Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change the position of "cyclic" icon in a chart

Hi All,

I have seen the same question being asked a few time before by others but couldn't find any authentic answer to this.

My requirement is to re-position the cyclic icon (that i presently appearing at the bottom corners of the charts) to the top of the charts.

I am working with QV 11 ..Cntrl+Shift will not work, cyclic icon will not be shown as a 'movable' sub-unit inside the charts.

Experienced hands please let me know if this is possible or not.

Thanks,

Vishnu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I later found that , when we add an extra cyclic option to a chart ..the second cyclic button can be moved using cntrl+shift and drag using mouse.

However, the first cyclic button cannot be moved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Vishnu,

That's not possible as far as I know, as it is not possible to change the place of the label of the dimension (it's the same thing, after all). You can either show the label or not, but you cannot move it.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Vishu,

If you really need it then you can overlay another copy of same chart and you need to change the properties to reflect only cyclic dimension button. I have tested on my system and it works fine.  You need to change settings by using Ctrl + Shift and other properties including transperancy colours. Finally you can place the button on the original chart (wherever you wanted...) and it works the same way.

However, must important think to remember is that you need to use same ObjectID for the cyclic button chart. This helps you to maintain consistency in both the objects. So if you change the Dimensions or expressions in the main chart then you have same settings on the cyclic button chart.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

I later found that , when we add an extra cyclic option to a chart ..the second cyclic button can be moved using cntrl+shift and drag using mouse.

However, the first cyclic button cannot be moved.