Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_nicholas
Creator II
Creator II

Changing Location of Data Source Changes Results

I have built my Qlikview app to pull the source files from a specific web folder, but I need to change that location and I am finding that the results are not lining up after the move. Hopefully, someone here will be able to understand what is happening.

My data source is in the same folder group as the application file, and I use relative paths to move up one folder in the tree and then to the data source folder to capture 6 different Excel documents stored there. this has been working with no issue. However, I need to move the data sources to a SharePoint folder which can be accessed more easily by an automated delivery system.

To accomplish this, I have copied all of the source files to the new destination, and I have gone through my load script to change all of the FROM statements to show the URL of the web file. This works perfectly for 5 of the 6 source files, but one of them seems to be loading incomplete data. I say incomplete, because it is loading some of the data from that sheet, but the calculations based off of that data are producing different values.

I also tried using the LOAD wizard to start fresh, and then modifying the load statement to match the original. To the best of my knowledge, if the source data is the same document, the LOAD statement is identical, and the source URL is correct, I can't see any reason for the document to produce different results than one loaded using a relative path from the app file. I would appreciate any insight into what I may be doing wrong.

The only difference between the two load statements is:

(original)

FROM
[..\DataSources\AV Support 2017.xls]
(
biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet$);

(new)

FROM
[https://sp004.homepage.net/sites1/address/MyGroup/Shared%20Documents/Reporting%20and%20Metrics/Qlikv...]
(
biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet$);

0 Replies