Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing color for each value in a dimension

Hello everyone,

I have to color a simple table with two colors. Every time that a value in a dimension change the color must be  changed

like this:

Capture.JPG,

Does someone have an idea?

Thank you in advance,

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look here: Colors in charts

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try something like this for the background color expression for the dimensions and expressions:

if(aggr(NODISTINCT Mod(RowNo(),2),Reference)>0,color(1),color(2))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi thank you for your answer but it seems like the aggr is not well calculated with big selection. When I have a selection of hundreds references I have some errors like bellow

Capture.JPG

if I select few references, it's working well:

Capture2.JPG

The formula for the color is : =if(aggr(NODISTINCT Mod(RowNo(),2),U_DU_ID)>0,rgb(168,168,255),white())

Do you have an idea on this?

Thanks a lot,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The aggr function sorts by load order. Your table is sorted numerically descending. It's possible that this causes the mismatches. You could try to create a temporary table in the script that loads the U_DU_ID values in numerical order. create that table before you load the 'real' data. That way the aggr function will use that ordering.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

With the newest releases it would be possible to sort an aggr: The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

- Marcus