Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Percents

Hello,

I'm  trying to make a chart that work like this:

Let's say I have 3 suppliers that supply  the products of any category.

I'm making a bar chart where the bars display the percents of product of each category, so far, no problem with this.

sample chart percents.PNG

In my filters, I have the supplier option, my suppliers have a percent of volume  of product (not considering the category).

SupplierPercent of Product
A50%
B10%
C20%
D20%

With this information, if the users selects a Supplier in the filter option (Supplier A),  the chart shouldn't take all the whole product volume as a 100% (which is the most logical process), it should use the 50%, and the sum of the percent of each category should give me the result of 50%.

Any ideas of how to make it work like this?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Surely you can work with properties of the chart, I should prefer to add as many colums as suppliers where in each column i compute the product of the original value multiplied by 50%, 10% and so on in order to use new columns to make graph

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What is your expression for the chart above?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Surely you can work with properties of the chart, I should prefer to add as many colums as suppliers where in each column i compute the product of the original value multiplied by 50%, 10% and so on in order to use new columns to make graph

Not applicable
Author

I'm using a sum(amount)/sum(total amount)

Not applicable
Author

See either of these two graphs help. Not sure I am entirely clear on what you are looking for.

Not applicable
Author

that's, the type of chart I'm looking for, but instead the units on the y axis, i need the percent of the selected supplier.

Not applicable
Author

Something like this?

Not applicable
Author

Mmm no, let me see if I can explain it better.

The chart using the product category will show me the data based on a 100%

Category

Percent
A40%
B25%
C35%

We get the 100%

However, each product have their supplier and a supplier can provide products of each category.

Supplier 1 supplies the 50% of my products, in this part we're not taking in count the category of the product.

If I select Supplier 1, the chart gets this information:

Category Percent
A50%
B20%
C30%

But the way it need to be show is like this:

So, if i select the Supplier 1, the chart should show me the next information

CategoryPercent
A25%
B10%
C15%

This gives me the 50% of the Supplier 1, instead of taking it like  'a whole 100%'

Not applicable
Author

For anyone who might need something like this, it worked the advice of multiply the result for the percent of the supplier, it ended looking like this:

(sum(Amount)/sum(TOTAL <Year_Month> Amount)) * $(vSupplierPercent)

Where vSupplierPercent is for getting the decimal part of the supplier:

sum(Amount)/sum({<Supplier=>}Amount)