Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart Question

Hi

I Need to create a chart as below , but not sure which type of chart I need to use , attached is my application with some sample data and here is the condition for coloring the dots:

• If ingestion completed after 11:00 am, color the dot red
    • If ingestion completed before 11:00 am then

if data parity is green, then color the day/dot green

If data parity is yellow or red, then color the day/dot red

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

I've used a calculcated dimension made of date and time as key, you probably should use something more meaningful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

I've used a calculcated dimension made of date and time as key, you probably should use something more meaningful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes the chart looks like what I wanted , but I have few questions here ,

1.What is the concatenation of date and time doing ? I mean how is it being calculated and plotting the dots.. I see a number but cannot understand how its helping to plot the chart

2.the enable scroll bar is disabled .. is that feature not allowed in these chart types? I want to see all dates with a scroll bar .. is that possible?

3.And also what does 2 represent , nothing seems to happen if I change it

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1)  You need at least one dimension in a scatter chart.

Since I haven't found a good candidate in your sample data table, I created a calculated dimension from these two fields.

As said, maybe not a the best or even a good choice, replace with something more appropriate (the field that should be used to group by your bubbles. Maybe something like IngestionID)

2) Not sure about that, I haven't encountered a need for that till now

3) 2 is an arbitrary number, you are right

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much .. I was actually looking for something as below for the scatter chart