Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyIncognito
Contributor II
Contributor II

Chart for Consistent Salespeople

Hi,

I am struggling to produce a chart which displays results only where individuals are present in all years.

In the example, I have a number of salespeople and two years of data. Some are new salespeople, and some have left.

I need to create a graph that:

• only displays sales results for consistent people present in all years of sales (ie excluding starters and leavers in the period). So I'm trying to compare 'apples with apples'.
  • Sums sales by year. So expectation is 2018 = 17 and 2019 = 29

Attached is my attempt using a variable to count the number of sales years (vCountYear) and using the dreaded AGGR function in the chart expression - (mine doesn't work!)

Help/thanks!

Expectation:

Desired Graph.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try:

=Sum({<Name={"=Count(Name)=Count({1} Distinct total Year)"}>}Sales)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try:

=Sum({<Name={"=Count(Name)=Count({1} Distinct total Year)"}>}Sales)

GuyIncognito
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Works a treat - thanks so much!

GuyIncognito
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi - This does work for the dummy data however have hit a snag - there are a few cases where the salesperson has multiple records in one or both years (this is just a dummy example, there are sound reasons why this is so).

Can the expression be amended to check that there is one and only one entry per year, and to disregard any cases where this isn't true?

Thanks in advance.