Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart object displaying differently for different user, using the same application

I have an application that myself and another developer are sharing. We both access the application (which is stored on a server drive) from our desktops. When I open the application, the objects all render correctly. When the other developer opens the application, not all of the objects are rendered correctly.

An image is the best way to illustrate my issue - see screen shots below that show (side by side) how the chart should look (left side, what I see) and how the chart shows up as for the other developer (right side).

PieChartDisplayingIncorrectly.png

Has anyone seen this type of issue before? And if so, can you help me resolve it? Ideally, I'd like the application to open up looking the exact same for both myself and the other developer.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is an expression on the charts that don't appear to be rendering properly: =$(FxpieDatalabel([Reported Data],Sum( {$<[Reported Data] =>}FTE))).  Where FxPieDatalabel is defined as "dual( $1 & ', ' & $2, $2)" in my variable list.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Is one of you in webview and the other not? Objects render a little differently in the different views. Not sure that's it, just the first thing that occurred to me.

Not applicable
Author

No, both accessing the application via the QlikView program from our desktops - accessing the application via File > Open then navigating to the file on our server drive. It's weird because most of the objects are fine. Just a few are not showing correctly.

Not applicable
Author

There is an expression on the charts that don't appear to be rendering properly: =$(FxpieDatalabel([Reported Data],Sum( {$<[Reported Data] =>}FTE))).  Where FxPieDatalabel is defined as "dual( $1 & ', ' & $2, $2)" in my variable list.

Not applicable
Author

The issue was related to this expression - and the fact that we were running different versions of QlikView. Given that I wasn't showing any labels, I didn't need this particular expression to use the variable "FxpieDatalabel". I re-wrote the expression to be the basic SUM statement. We confirmed that we now both see the pie charts the same (even though we continue to use different versions of QlikView).