Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

Chart should be static irrespective of selection

Hi Experts - I have a quick clarification...

In the attached qvw... i have a Calculated Date field (Plz forget the logic in that expression )

Now my requirement is , When i select the date in that Multibox... i dont want any corresponding selection to happen in the chart below .... Strictly plz suggest other than ALTERNATIVE STATE

36 Replies
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sure... Will keep u posted in few mins..

sunny_talwar

All QlikView objects should show the same value, unless you have alternate state or something else at play.... your expression doesn't seem to be the issue... it is def. something else

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried... What I noticed is... if i keep those fields (Which u had mentioned above )as dimension, it is static..

But when i added the calculated Dimension (Shown below)... it is not static

=if((right(Date(if(YDAY=Aggr( NODISTINCT Max(YDAY),Month_Name, Year_Name),YDAY),'MM/DD/YYYY'),4)&lEFT(Date(if(YDAY=Aggr( NODISTINCT Max(YDAY),Month_Name, Year_Name),YDAY),'MM/DD/YYYY'),2)) = CALENDAR_YEAR_MONTH_CD,

MonthName((if(YDAY=Aggr( NODISTINCT Max(YDAY),Month_Name, Year_Name),YDAY))))

sunny_talwar

In your chart, can you add this as the fifth dimension and post two screenshots; 1 with selections and 1 without selection

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

With Selection Capture.PNG

Without selectionCapture.PNG

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just FYI... My 5th Dimension Explains...

Last day of each month should be considered as the month value (as it is Accumulated in source data) and corresponding calendar year month also should match...

sunny_talwar

Don't know what to say brother... the value still didn't change... may be you can share a sample where you have this calculated dimension and we can take a look at it

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just FYI... My 5th Dimension Explains...

Last day of each month should be considered as the month value (as it is Accumulated in source data) and corresponding calendar year month also should match... (if u see on YDAY, 3 Calendar year month will match)

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sure... How do i share this directly with you? Email ?? or anything else ?

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand this