Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator

Chart show Values for only one segment on top of data points

Dear friends and community members,

I am concating values / results from two aggr. functions and trying to display customized result (in a specific format) on top of bar as values on data points but it is showing values for only one segment (largest segment) rather than showing the consolidated sum of all the segment.

For example: when i just do simple sum([TOV]), it shows correctly i.e. 128.72 = 84.92 + 43.80

temp3.jpeg

temp4.jpeg

But when i do it with expression '$' & (Sum([TOV])/1000) &'K / '& (sum([FUNDED_HRS])) & 'hrs' like mentioned above in the thread, it shows value for only one segement i.e. 84.92 . deosn't include the value of yellow segment in this case.  any idea ?

temp5.jpeg

More details on my issue can be found on this question which has been marked as answered and I was advised to put a separate question for this issue!. https://community.qlik.com/message/1196368?et=watches.email.thread#1196368

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Gaurav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You just want the total at the top? May be this

Num(Sum(TOTAL <MonthYear> [TOV]/1000), '$#,##0.00K / ') & (Num(Sum(TOTAL <MonthYear> [FUNDED_HRS]), '##. hrs'))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try to disable the First expression and then see or you may share to solve with you dummy application

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

Disabling the First expression doesn't fix the issue. How can I share it? I cannot share QVW due to data.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Anil_Babu_Samineni

NP, Don't share original data create dummy data and then share with us. We can give number of options unfortunately those are not make sense. If you send the application then it would better for one luck

Scrambling Data

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

When I use this

Num(Sum([TOV]/1000), '$#,##0.00K / ') & (Num(Sum([FUNDED_HRS]), '##. hrs'))

I got this

Capture.PNG

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Attaching application will not be possible since it will require a significant effort in scrambling. is they any other option you think can help? I can share scheenshots of chart properties.

Thanks,

Gaurav

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Sunny. I tried this expression i.e. converting it in Num but it doesn't work. Can you show this (sum of these two i.e. $128.72K / 137 hrs ) on top of bar and attach your file.

Try to uncheck "Plot Values Inside Segment" under Presentation property to show it on top of the bar. I am also wondering if there is any option in properties that I need to enable or disable to fix.

Thanks,

Gaurav

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried doing it in your example... same issue exists. It shows value for only one cell

temp6.jpeg

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

I attached an example file below. Please check it out.

sunny_talwar

You just want the total at the top? May be this

Num(Sum(TOTAL <MonthYear> [TOV]/1000), '$#,##0.00K / ') & (Num(Sum(TOTAL <MonthYear> [FUNDED_HRS]), '##. hrs'))

Capture.PNG