Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator

Checkbox in front of button

Hi All,

I have one strange problem i have 3 button on selection of each button will give one month of data, now if user wants to select 2 buttons at a time its not possible(by pressing control and hold as its button) now i'm thinking to put one check box in front of every button so that user can select more than one button.

e.g M1 M2 M3 (Current version)

new requirement is like Checkbox1 M1 Checkbox2 M2 CheckBox3 M3 so that user can select checkbox and the next button will be selected.

How can I create a checkbox which will be selected to M1 M2.

Note: I can select multiple months at a time if its a LB.

4 Replies
patroser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Instead of using buttons I'd recommend to use a field containing the values:

Version:

LOAD * INLINE [

Version

M1

M2

M3

];

You could then just use a simple list box and change the presentation of the listbox:
Listbox preferences => Presentation => Image Options => Change "Selection Style Override" to LED Check Boxes

Next step would be to conditionally show the month of data according to the selection in the list box.

Patrick

mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Patrick,

Actually I there is a lot of action behind the button I can not replicate it on a list box, so i want to just create a checkbox which will select the button by checking it.

patroser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

As I understood it now, your problem is, that you don't want to exclusively select some values as soon as you click on the button, but instead you want to widen the selection by the value you selected, is this correct?

If this is what you want, you could use the following expression in your "select in field" trigger as search string:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT Prod, '|') & '|M2)'

where 'Prod' will be your field containing the values M1, M2, ...

this way you keep the current selection and add 'M2' to it.

If you need it to also work when you currently have no selection you just need to catch this case with an if

hope i got it now

Patrick

mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patrick,

Attached the app for your better understanding.

User wants to select two months at a time M1 and M2 but do not want LB...so i'm thinking to give checkbox next to button(Checkbox will be linked to button) so that user can select two months at a time.