Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clear an expression Listbox , based on other selection

Hi All,

I have an Input box with 2 variables

Then a table with 2 static dimension and 3 expression

Then a Listbox with a dimension expression and another expression.

Here is the requirement I have

When user inputs or changes any of the variable in the input box , it should clear the list box selection

I tried triggers, but it is not giving me an option to clear  a listbox based out of expression

ClearExprListBox.png

Thanks,

Aji Paul.

9 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you tried adding an action to the variable used in the input box?  I don't have an exact sample set up, but I can walk you through the idea and a sample I have done.  I have created a custom date range box for customers and set the action to Select in Field when the date is entered.  Well, you could add a second action that would clear a selection in a particular field, or whatever.  Have you tried anything that?

Not applicable
Author

Nate,

Thanks for the reply!

Would you please direct me? Last time when I tried doing it, It wouldn't allow me to choose a listbox(created out of expression)

Thanks,

Aji Paul.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

To create a List Box wit Expression, just right-click on the screen and choose "New Sheet Object", and then selec List Box.  From there select you r dimension and create an expression.  After that is done, you can create an Action for the variable used in your Input Box.

Not applicable
Author

I think I confused you!

My list box is created out of expression.

what I was saying , I could not clear a EXPR_ListBox thru action

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is the expression you are using for a list box, and why is an expression required?  Can you add that expression to your load script, and then make the list box with the new field you create in your Script?  Then you can set the trigger to clear that field when the input box is updated.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the update Nate!

Please see the attached picture in the first post!

No I can not add the listbox expression while loading, as the list box should show details based on the variable's value

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I see that.  I think you should use Set Anlaysis.  You could write it so that Sales>= {vSales} and then something similar with Profit%.  Then, as you change the variables in your input box, the set analysis should update as well and then change the results shown in your table.  Then you don't have to mess around with a list box and try to clear any selections.  I don't know exactly how it should be set up, as I am not currently working on anything like this at the moment, but it should work, in theory, or at least get you going down the right path.

Not applicable
Author

Anybody ? better ideas?

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

in my case I wanted to clear my field based upon the value of another

this worked for me...

Doc Prop > Trigger > Field Trigger > On Change

Action:

Select in Field

Field:  

[Field I'm Triggering]

Search String:

=If(GetFieldSelections([Field The Trigger is Based Upon])<>'some value','').

Figured I'd share, because...

This seemingly simple thing took me quite a bit of T/E to get right.

It did because I was messing with variables and such that seemingly should have worked, but wouldn't clear the field's selects for some reason....assume yours and several other posts I read had my same issue.

thx,

Brooks