Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clearing filters on only one object on a sheet

Hey Qlik Community,

Quick question. So I have 2 charts on one sheet and I wanted to be able to create two 'Clear Filters" that clears all selections for its respective chart instead of just one "Clear Filter' button that clears everything (which I have right now).

How will I be able to accomplish this?  Thanks your your help in advance.

Sincerely,

Tej

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tej,

You would need to utilise alternate states.

You can read some basics on my blog: Alternate states - easy data comparisons - QlikPad.com

When you have an alternate state defined, you will have a new drop down available, when assigning actions to a button:

(it will allow you to clear all selections from state a, which you will assign to one of the charts. you will assign another state to second chart)

Screen Shot 08-09-16 at 05.59 PM.PNG

BR,

Kuba

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tej,

You would need to utilise alternate states.

You can read some basics on my blog: Alternate states - easy data comparisons - QlikPad.com

When you have an alternate state defined, you will have a new drop down available, when assigning actions to a button:

(it will allow you to clear all selections from state a, which you will assign to one of the charts. you will assign another state to second chart)

Screen Shot 08-09-16 at 05.59 PM.PNG

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jakub,

Thanks alot! Read the artile and you definitely made it very simple! I was able to implement it to my dashboard within minutes!

Much appreciated,

Tej