Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Click at a figure to display an existing sheet

Hi All,

In pivot table, my user wants to be able to click at a figure and open another sheet which has the detailed information in straight table.

Is this possible using Link as representation under Display Options ? Or is there any other way?

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i couldn't understand the "figure" part of your entry.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

As far as I am aware you will not be able to do this with a link. You will almost certainly be able to do something clever with macros being fired on a trigger, but these can be problematic.

I have a potential solution you may want to try. Under 'Document Properties' you will find the 'Triggers' tab. On here you can set a Field Event trigger to select the sheet you want on selection of the field in the pivot. The problem with this alone is that anything that selects across that field will redirect you to the target sheet - even clicking Clear! If the detailed information is only relevant when only one value is selected then you could put a 'Show Condition' on that target sheet, using GetPossibleCount(FieldName) = 1 - this will stop QlikView switching to that sheet on Clear or when a unique selection is not made.

Hope that makes sense. I can upload an example of this working if you wish.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not able to get the field OnSelect trigger to work although it's working on a button.

I was trying to do a document chaining using the field OnSelect but nothing happens.

Please upload your e.g. if you don't mind. Thanks!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I can't see why an OnSelect trigger wouldn't fire correctly. File attached as requested.

Regards,
Steve