Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Color Font Pivot Table

Hello, people!

I have a pivot table and set rules to color the font according to particular characteristics of each record. But when I do not find that selection in the expression value calculation, the colors are lost are changed to black.

How can I get around this?

Thank you for attention!

Stive

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like this as text color attribute expression:

=If(only({1}F1)='A',RGB(0,127,0),

If(only({1}F1)='B',RGB(127,0,0),

If(only({1}F1)='C',RGB(0,0,127),RGB(255,255,0))))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

But when I do not find that selection in the expression value calculation, the colors are lost are changed to black.

I am not sure I fully understood. I assume you are using a text color attribute expression in expression tab, right?

How does your current attribute expression look alike?

(Or, would make things even more simple: Could you upload a small sample application here to the forum?)

Not applicable
Author

Hello swuehl,

It's a very specific context that would take too long to explain the details, but I am sending a sample that shows the problem. There you will see that one of my expressions "must" use Set Analysis (total) and thus independent of the selection made, this column will always be shown and the other can be changed according to the selection. I used a formula to color the first column, but when I select the colors change.

Sorry for the confusing English!

PS: Please do not reply with another qvw because my client purchased the server but does not have "Named Cal."

Thank you!

Stive

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like this as text color attribute expression:

=If(only({1}F1)='A',RGB(0,127,0),

If(only({1}F1)='B',RGB(127,0,0),

If(only({1}F1)='C',RGB(0,0,127),RGB(255,255,0))))

Not applicable
Author

swuehl,

Thanks for your help! Your solution is excellent!

Another solution that I developed, is to create a with values RGB field  on load and then use the expression:

Only ({1 <1 = {1}>} DFC.RGB)

Greetings!

Stive - Brazil