cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Partner - Contributor III

Column under Condition showing eventhough condition isn't matched

hi!! I am aware of conditions to show/hide a column in a straight table, currently, if I have an inline as follows:

DimensionsGenerales:
LOAD *Inline[
_dimensionGenerales
Empresa
Familia
SubFamilia
Elemento

];

and in the condition of acolumn I write "=SubStringCount(Concat(_dimensionGenerales, '|'),'Empresa')" the table works fine, when I click "Empresa" from a list-object that has the _dimensionGeneral the column "Empresa" shows.
However, if I add another Inline, let's say:

DimensionsAlb:
LOAD *Inline[
_dimensionAlb
Año Albarán
Número Albarán
Número Línea
Proveedor
Transportista

]; 

And repeat the same process as before but with my new inline, new column and a new list object, having the following condition in my new column

"=SubStringCount(Concat(_dimensionAlb, '|'),'Proveedor')"

; when i click either "Empresa" or for example "Proveedor" both columns show!!!!!!!

How can I fix this?????????????? Why is this happening?!?!??!! Please help.

PD: the general condition on the straight table is: (GetSelectedCount(_dimensionAlb)> 0 or GetSelectedCount(_dimensionGenerales)>0)and(GetSelectedCount(_metric) > 0)

Where _metric is an inline with expression values; the idea is that the user has to choose at least one dimension from the inline "_dimensionAlb" or "_dimensionGenerales" AND one metric

PD2: Of course this is simplified, I have many dimensions x)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

yep, I just, for some odd reason, had to add the following conditional statement to each metric/dimension of the table:

=SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct _dimension, '|') & '|', '|CodPedido|') and GetSelectedCount (_dimension) > 0

Where, reminder, _dimension = one of my inlines with dimensions and CodPedido is one of those dimensions

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you share a sample app demonstrating the issue? 

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

Sure, on my first image you can see my table, empty because there is nodimension and metric selected from my list objects.

Captura.PNG

On the second Image, you can see that I have selected one metric and one dimension, but there are many columns showing, when there should only be the column of metric, which is fine, and in this example the column "Estado" ONLY.

Captura2.PNG

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

Something even funnier, I have noticed that when you have a dimension and a metric, as the picture shows you have data, in the first image i have selected one metric from "Metricas Pedidos" and the dimension "CodPedido" from "Dimensiones Pedido", the dimension "Proveedor" from "Dimensiones Albarán" and "Año Factura" from my dimension "Dimensiones Factura"Captura.PNG

If I now deselect "Año Factura" ALL THE DIMENSIONS FROM "Dimensiones Factura" SHOW. Whta is happening?captura1.PNG

Reminder: for the columns I am using this format for the condition-->=SubStringCount(Concat(_dimensionFactura, '|'),'Año Factura')    where "_dimensionFactura" is an inline.
For the condition of the straight table itself I am using:  (GetSelectedCount(_dimension)>0 or GetSelectedCount(_dimensionAlb)> 0 or GetSelectedCount(_dimensionFactura)>0 or GetSelectedCount(_dimensionGenerales)>0)and(GetSelectedCount(_metric) > 0)

The images attached show more metrics that I have not included in the table yet

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you could attach here the sample qvw, we could investigate and try to help.

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

I have to ask if due to the privacy policy I can share all the data or not. In the mean time I guess my question would resume to this:

If I want to create an Ad Hoc table, can it be possible to do so with 2 or more Inlines for dimensions? The same goes to the expressions...

I have followed this link

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Customizable-Straight-Table/ba-p/1464825

in the past to do my Ad Hoc table, but I only had like in the link, one inline for dimensions and one for metrics.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If these inline tables are disconnected, there should not be any problem, I believe.

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

Ok I just fixed it, thank you anyways for your time and interest @tresesco !! Have a nice day  🙂

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you can share how you resolved - might be helpful for people here. Was this related to association I mentioned? 

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Author

yep, I just, for some odd reason, had to add the following conditional statement to each metric/dimension of the table:

=SubStringCount('|' & Concat(distinct _dimension, '|') & '|', '|CodPedido|') and GetSelectedCount (_dimension) > 0

Where, reminder, _dimension = one of my inlines with dimensions and CodPedido is one of those dimensions