Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infock12
Creator III
Creator III

Combining Peek and If(Len)

Hi all,

I have a pivot table that has the below expression.

SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List). I have also added another expression to RAG rate it.

=If(Len(Median) =0, 'Blank',

IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_y.png') )

'Median' in the above is basically a target. As you can see, the formula above says if the Median is not there, then say Blank otherwise do the above calculation.

I am wondering if there is a way to say, =If(Len(Median) =0, then keep the previous month's value as a Median. To clarify, previous month's value is the outcome of the original expression Sum(CompletedAbs/Sum(List). Does Peek Function help here as I wanted it to start from Month 2 so that it can keep Month 1's value as a base?

Basically, I wanted to say,

IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_y.png') ) but If =If(Len(Median) =0, and if the current month's (Sum(CompletedAbs/Sum(List) is more than the previous month's (Sum(CompletedAbs/Sum(List), 'Green', Else 'Red')

Sorry for the ignorance and I hope it is not too confusing. Any help is appreciated. I have attached the qvw and the excel sheet.

Thanks,

Karthik

7 Replies
Not applicable

You can create a variable, assign expression to variable through layout view or in the script.

SET vCurMonth = 'SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)';

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try These Two

1)

=If(Len(Median) =0, Before(SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)), IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_y.png') )

2)

=If(Len(Median) =0, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_y.png', IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_y.png') )

Or Else, You may can explain the BRD and Share expected output.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Take a look at the attached file and hope this is what you are looking for... Hope this helps....

Above_DepartmentDate_Ver01.jpg

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi AB and TD,

Thanks for your reply and both are helpful. I just made a slight change to your script AB because the output I require is the below. It works when I execute it individually, however, I wanted to combine the both. I tried it with AND, Comma, etc., but for some reason it doesn't work. I am sure it must be simple and elementary but somehow I am missing it. Could you shed some light on this please?

=IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<=Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png')

=
If(Len(Median) =0 And Before(SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List))<=SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List), 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png')

Thanks

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lori,

I tried this (below) but it still does not work.

=If(Len(Median)>0 And vCurrMonth<Median, 'Green', 'Red'),

If(Len(Median)=0 And Before(vCurrMonth)<vCurrMonth, 'Green', 'Red')

It looks like a simple comma or a bracket that needs to be changed somewhere but can't figure it out unfortunately.

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi all,

Did anyone had a chance to look at this please?

Thanks,

Karthik

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi all,

I figured it out. It was quite simple. This worked for me. Thanks for all your time.

=IF(Len(Median)> 0 And  sum(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List)<=Median, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png', If(Len(Median) =0 And Before(SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List))<=SUM(CompletedAbs)/Sum(List), 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_s_r.png')