Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakshikaul
Creator II
Creator II

Combining two data models into one

Hi ALL, I have created a dashboard on audit analysis and now want to combine fact table of audit dashboard into the fact of some other dashboard Following is the scenario :- I have two dashboards For dashboard1(newly created) I have firstly extracted the data from database and stored in qvd for dashboard 1(audit dashboard) then I have applied business logic on stage 2 and then again stored in qvd now I want to combine fact table of audit dashboard into some other fact of already existing dashboard Please help meto resolve the above scenario. Regards Sakshi
12 Replies
sakshikaul
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi

Theses are two separate data models(in picture below) which I have created in single qvw.

2 seperate data models in single qvw2 seperate data models in single qvw1. but now I want when i am working on data model 2 in front end then calender2 should get active and when I am working on data model 1 then csalender 1 should work 

2. I want to connect data model2 with data model1 because i want to apply some feilds like zone,sbu (filters) from data model 1 into data model 2

No how to handle both the things 

Please help

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1. but now I want when i am working on data model 2 in front end then calender2 should get active and when I am working on data model 1 then csalender 1 should work

LET vDocPath = DocumentName();
If $(vDocPath) = 'DataModel1.qvw' Then
LOAD * Resident Calendar_Model1;
Else
LOAD * Resident Calendar_Model2;
ELSEIF

2. I want to connect data model2 with data model1 because i want to apply some feilds like zone,sbu (filters) from data model 1 into data model 2

Run same script from scenario-(1) and load Entire model 1 into script

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to add the following Design Blob post at this point, as it seems it may be useful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578

Be sure to mark any posts that helped you resolve issues using the Accept as Solution button so others will know which posts helped you resolve the issues you encountered.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.