Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papabaer
Contributor
Contributor

Combobox w/ data from a field

I need a combobox input control, with values populated from a field.  I'd like to take the user-selected value - assign it to a variable, and then use that variable to do more processing etc.  I can't seem to find a way to do the 1st part of this:  It seems I either have an input box available that makes a 'selection' - which I don't want - or I have an input box that only allows manually-entered, pre-defined values for the input list.  Am I missing something obvious? Or is this actually difficult?  (I'm accustomed to VBA in Access - and this is simple stuff in that environment...) --- thanks for any help!

11 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Glad it helped you.

You can just think of as below:

Data:

Load * Inline [

Country,Prod,Sales

CN,ABC,100

US,DEF,200

IN,GHI,300

];

Selections:

Load distinct Prod as SelectProd resident Data;

Use the SelectProd field in the front end to let users select. To get the selected data you have get.... field... functions in the fron end to process the selected data.

Cheers.

papabaer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just in case it helps anyone - the way I resolved having that separate list of data was to simply import that same list of data but with a different field name (which keeps it separate).  As was noted, this allows the user to make a selection from that list without having any impact on the other data in QlikView.

Thanks again for the help --- After a bit of a learning curve on the next part (learning the syntax for controlling selections etc. through code) - It now works great!