Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comments/changing fields on server

Is there any way to change/add fields on the server side that saves back to the database or sql file?

or is there sometime of way to set up a notification once a user adds a comment/changes a field?

for example

Users should be allowed to update the status of a customer from not completed to complete. once the status is complete, the user can then document this on the qlikview server then it should automatically update the report. so the next user will see the status as complete

I am new to qlikview so bare with me thanks!!

1 Reply
Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

So my thinking goes like this:

1 - If you need writeback, you can:

A) use the Source application system to make appropriate changes (have qvw reload every few minutes)

B) use VB.Net macro to do this - examples are on this site

2 - Notifications can be sent to people if changes in a particular field are made. You would need to compare the values of the existing qvw field to a new value to see if they are different > then send trigger > on a reload or triggered event (such as a db table update

3 - The governance dashboard can show the fields used in qvw applications.

In short - Qlik, although it can be coded to perform write-back, was never designed to do this. It is meant to simplify analysis for everyone, everywhere...using natural analytics...sounds like fluff, but Qlik is not intending on acting like an MS Access database form, or Excel, or an excel plug-in. There are partner solutions provided for budgetary and financial planning, you can use the QlikView 11 SDK (API) to communicate with a form for updating data, or go to the source software to change the data > have qv refresh on whatever trigger/time-table and reflect the updated data.