Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Compare 2 Months Selected by User

Hi All,

I currently have a pivot table which compares factory statuses between 2 months - based on the month selected in the calendar and the month previous to the selected month. The table only shows records where the factory status differs between the 2 months, e.g.;

The Previous Month expression (i.e. Mar-2015 in this example) is 

=if(concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')<>

(concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')),

concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', '))

The Current Month expression (i.e. Apr-2015 in this example) is

=if((concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', '))

<>

(concat( {$<Month=, Year=, MonthYear = {"$(=Date(addmonths(max(MonthYear), -1), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')),

(concat( {$<MonthYear={"$(=max(MonthYear))"}, [Factory Status] = >}DISTINCT [Factory Status], ', ')))

However, what I now need to be able to do is to allow the user to select 2 months of their choosing to compare - so the 2 months in the table may not be consecutive months. For example, the user may want to compare factory status changes between Jan-2015 and Sep-2015.

I've been wracking my brain and can't think how to do this... thought about creatin a second calendar in the script, or using variables and input boxes, but I just can't get anywhere with it!

Any pointers would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Danielle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use comparative analysis. This way no need to create another calendar.

Regards,

Miskin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use comparative analysis. This way no need to create another calendar.

Regards,

Miskin

arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I believe comparative analysis (Using Comparestate for same fields) can help you to compare the two months.

Thanks.

t_chetirbok
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, it's maybe helpfull

Comparative Analysis

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks all for your quick responses!

Well on my way to completing this task now using comparative analysis, which I had not discovered before!