Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

Compare values of Same Dimension within Pivot Table after selection

Hello,

I have a Pivot table as shown in the image:

123.png

As you can see, the data shown in the table is for a specific selected supplier, 'Supplier G'. The functionality that I need to have is to be able to compare the measures within the table with those ones of a 'identical group' or a 'competitor group' rather of suppliers which can be chosen from the list of suppliers available within the Supplier Field. For example, let's say Suppliers A,C,E are suppliers who are direct competitors of Supplier G. So, I want to be able to select the Suppliers A,C and E from the list of all available Suppliers and then show the measures('Spend Est.,000nd' and 'Quoted Cost by Supplier,000nd')  of these 3 suppliers beside the 2 measures of Supplier G(which is currently selected).

I have tried using the dropdown option for the dimension within Pivot Table but this removes my current selected 'Supplier G' and messes up the rank functions order used within my dimensions L1,L2 and L3. I am unable to think of another way this can be done. Please help me out in achieving this. I'm attaching the app as well. Thanks in advance!

stalwar1kaushik.solankitresesco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
17 Replies
sunny_talwar

How do you know that Supplier A, C, and E are direct competitors of G? Is this defined somewhere in the dashboard?

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No, the user knows this. He/she will select the suppliers from his/her knowledge.

sunny_talwar

I guess create an inland field SupplierUserSelection and then use that in the set analysis for the other two expressions... I can show you how to do this if you can run the attached app

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny. Here's the reloaded file !

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Apologies! Reuploaded the correct file now!

sunny_talwar

Does this look like what you wanted?

Capture.PNG

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Almost close. I need the measures for all 3 suppliers to be side by side in separate columns though. Not aggregated together. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Sunny!

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes! This is exactly what I wanted Sunny. If I understood this correctly,  you used a set analysis expression with the P() function to do this after creating an island table with the Suppliers field. Is that all or am I missing something? Thanks a ton again Sunny! I'm learning a lot thanks to you! Hopefully I can reach a level when I can help out people like you someday!