Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akash_singhal
Contributor
Contributor

Comparing 4 columns having a unique column

I have a table with 5 columns Name, Date, ID, Rate, Type

Now I want that whenever column 'Name', 'Date' & 'ID' is selected among all the other columns and they have the same 'Rate' then change 'Type' to 'Unsure'

NameDate IdRateType
John10th Aug11221True
Ron15th Aug13441False
Steve13th July11225False
John15th Sept21133False
Molly2nd June48411True

Result:

NameDate IdRateType
John10th Aug11221Unsure
Ron15th Aug13441Unsure
Steve13th July11225False
John15th Sept21133False
Molly2nd June48411Unsure

Thanks!

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would need to be done in the load script which is going to be fairly complex task if you are new to things.  If you can attach what you have in the way of QVW file, someone may be willing to have a look and help out, but expecting someone to write everything for you is not something I would expect to happen.  

Basically, you would need to load the data, group it into the correct order using Group by or Order by function and then do another pass through looking for your sequence and modifying the field data if things are true etc.  

Here is a link to the Design Blog area you can use to search posts there, they are mostly how-to, so may be of some help to you in sorting things out on your own.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.