Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing customers by time since signup

Hi all,

I've been trying to create a kind of cohort analysis where I try to analyse how customers develop from their signup time. I have the following information for every day and customer:

Date, CustomerID, Documents

For each CustomerID I know their FirstSeenDate ( gathered during load by doing a min(Date) group by CustomerID ) and I have it stored in a separate table.

I've now created a chart table with CustomerID as the dimension and three expressions:

Growth during first 4 weeks          sum({<Date = {$>=FirstSeenDate $<(FirstSeenDate+27)}>} Documents)

Growth during second 4 weeks     sum({<Date = {$>=FirstSeenDate+27 $<(FirstSeenDate+54)}>} Documents)

Growth during third 4 weeks         sum({<Date = {$>=FirstSeenDate+54 $<(FirstSeenDate+81)}>} Documents)

Simply put, this doesn't work. I end up with 0 in the columns and I cannot understand why.

Thanks for any ideas.

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

The way your data is structured, data coming from different tables, set analysis is not going to work. Try these:

1) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate and Date < FirstSeenDate + 27, Documents))

2) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate + 27 and Date < FirstSeenDate + 54, Documents))

3) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate + 54 and Date < FirstSeenDate + 81, Documents))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Syntax doesn't seem right, can you try these:

sum({<Date = {">=$(=FirstSeenDate)<$(=FirstSeenDate+27)"}>} Documents)

sum({<Date = {">=$(=FirstSeenDate+27)<$(=FirstSeenDate+54)"}>} Documents)

sum({<Date = {">=$(=FirstSeenDate+54)<$(=FirstSeenDate+81)"}>} Documents)

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, this doesn't help.

I'm attaching a qvw that demonstrates the problem together with a possible solution I've come up with using a calculated dimension of =Date - FirstSeenDate

sunny_talwar

The way your data is structured, data coming from different tables, set analysis is not going to work. Try these:

1) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate and Date < FirstSeenDate + 27, Documents))

2) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate + 27 and Date < FirstSeenDate + 54, Documents))

3) Sum(If(Date >= FirstSeenDate + 54 and Date < FirstSeenDate + 81, Documents))

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this explains my problems and solves them at the same time