Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparison challenge!

Hi all,

This has been really bugging me and I would really welcome some advice on how to get going with this one. I've tried sets and alternate states and although alternate states gets me close I cant seem to crack it. So advice welcome....

I have a table that looks a little like this :

CompoundTestResult
A1Pos
A2Neg
A3Pos
A4Neg
B1Pos
B3Pos
B5Pos
B6Pos
B7Neg
C1Neg
C3Pos
C7Neg
D3Pos

And what I am trying to do is construct an obect that, when one compound is selected (say A) the object shows the list of the other most similar compounds based on their results in corresponding tests (in this case B first (matches in test 1 and 3 then C and D -they match in test 3) are all positive in . Now not all compounds are tested in all tests. In the first instance I would like to just base the ranking on the positive test results only. But I would like a method that would allow me to rank on the actual test values (there in another column that has a 0-100 value if positive too)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps you can use this approach in your setting.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. Perhaps you can use this approach in your setting.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks and so simple - I was trying to make things too complicated.

Moving on to my second question, comparing on the actual value? lets say a positive test was "most strongly positive" at 0.1 and "most weakly positive" at 100 and I bin my compounds by 0-1, 1-10, 10-100. I guess i could use the same approach with a binning step on the load of the initial table.

Cool - thanks for your help!

Mark