Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing Data Question

I have have the following data

DateSKUPrce
01/01/2010SKU1100
01/01/2011SKU1110
01/01/2012SKU1120
01/01/2012SKU2200
01/01/2012SKU3300

If I wanted to link this data to another table via the Date and SKU I would need to 'populate the missing data' in the above data set.

I have got this working based the answer in a previous discussion.

The script starts:

MinMaxDate:

Load Min([Hidden Last Update]) as MinDate, Max([Hidden Last Update]) as MaxDate resident STOCK_HIDDEN_COST_TMP_02;

Let vMinDate = Peek('MinDate',-1,'MinMaxDate') - 1;

Let vMaxDate = Peek('MaxDate',-1,'MinMaxDate');

Drop Table MinMaxDate;

This mean though I am creating data for SKUs SKU2 and SKU3 which is not really required.

I was wondering if possible to avoid doing this.

I was thinking of the following of something similar to

Create list of stock items

for each stock item in list

Create Missing data

But I am not sure if its possible in Qlikview to move through a record set, doing something for each record.

Thanks

Andy

4 Replies
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If I wanted to link this data to another table via the Date and SKU I would need to 'populate the missing data' in the above data set.

Why do you need to populate "missing data"?

What data is "missing"?

If you have two sets of data and you want to join them can you provide an example of both sets of the data?

Mark

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could create the needed table in two steps. Create the missing records only for SKU1 first and then append records of SKU2 and SKU3.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have 1000s of stock items so I am not sure how I would go about creating the data for each stock.

Not applicable
Author

In order for me to link the table by stock item and date to a table which holds additional values I need to create records in my table for each combination of SKU/date