Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
300sss300
Creator
Creator

Comparison of values within a filed and with other field

Hi,

I have two fields in a simple table  Invoice_No & Sale_Price (file attached). I want to add another column (Output in attached file) with REMARKS "SALE", "CANCEL" or "RETURN" based on following:

1. If Sale_Price is -ive (<0) & +ive where Invoice_No is same for both REMARKS column should show "CANCEL"

2. If Sale_Price is -ive (<0) and there are no +ive values for same invoice (i.e. Invoice is different).... REMARKS as "RETURN".

3. If Sale_Price is +ive (>0) and there are no -ive values for same invoice (i.e. Invoice is different).... REMARKS as "POS SALE".

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution might be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_New-to-QlikView_Comparison-of-values-within-a-filed-and-with-other-field_m-p_1545518_Pic1.JPG

tabSales:
LOAD Invoice_No,
     Sale_Price
FROM [D:\Daten\QlikView\QlikCommunity\Book1.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Join
LOAD Invoice_No,
     Pick(Match(Concat(DISTINCT Sign(Sale_Price)),'-11','-1','1'),'CANCEL','RETURN','SALE') as REMARKS
Resident tabSales
Group By Invoice_No;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution might be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_New-to-QlikView_Comparison-of-values-within-a-filed-and-with-other-field_m-p_1545518_Pic1.JPG

tabSales:
LOAD Invoice_No,
     Sale_Price
FROM [D:\Daten\QlikView\QlikCommunity\Book1.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Join
LOAD Invoice_No,
     Pick(Match(Concat(DISTINCT Sign(Sale_Price)),'-11','-1','1'),'CANCEL','RETURN','SALE') as REMARKS
Resident tabSales
Group By Invoice_No;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

300sss300
Creator
Creator
Author

Wow... It really worked.... Thank you so much.
Just for understanding Can you briefly explain below:

Join
LOAD Invoice_No,
Resident tabSales
Group By Invoice_No;

MarcoWedel

Hi,
glad you like it.
This code fragment adds the REMARKS column based on concatenated distinct sign values of Sale_Prices per Invoice_No.

Sign(Sale_Price)

evaluates to -1 for negative Sale_Prices and to 1 for positive ones.

So

Concat(DISTINCT Sign(Sale_Price))

delivers -1 for invoices that have only negative Sale_Prices, 1 if there are only positive Sale_Prices and -11 (i.e. -1 and 1 concatenated) for mixed Sale_Prices. You could use

Concat(DISTINCT Sign(Sale_Price),'/')

instead to better see this concatenation (resulting into '-1/1').

The Pick(Match()) combination then assigns CANCEL to -11 values, RETURN to -1 and SALE to 1.

hope this helps
regards
Marco

300sss300
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Macro .
300sss300
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Marco,

Just noticed a little problem in "CANCEL"

The previous solution coding perfectly works for a scenario where a cashier scans items at POS machine and then For any reason whatsoever it is cancelled in that case Sale item lines (+ive values ) exactly matches with Return item lines (-ive values) for the same invoice number and in Remarks it is correctly showing "CANCEL"

scenario 2:

A customer brought 4 items at Cash terminal a cashier scans and then customer wants to cancel 3 and purchase only 1 item. In that case sale item lines will be 4 but return item line 3 and with this coding it is also showing cancel for the 1 item sold in the same invoice (please see attached files)

So I want to show 03 (+ive & -ive values) in same invoice as "CANCEL" but the only +ive value which doesn't have corresponding -ive value as "SALE" in same invoice.

Thanking you in advance.

300sss300
Creator
Creator
Author