cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparsion of sales in stack bar chart

Hi All,

Is it possible to compare sales of 2016 quarters with 2017 quarters in stack bar chart? But 2017 quarters must be always YTD sales.

Today : 27/07/2017

Ex: Q1 2016 - Jan, Feb, Mar of 2016. But Q12017 should be entire sales of 2017 upto today.

same applies for Q2 2016 - Apr, May, Jun of 2016 but Q2 2017 should be entire sales of 2017 upto today. same applies for Q3 and Q4 as well

Is it possible to achieve this? Thanks to advice

Regards,

Krishna

30 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, You could use something like below? But for me this is not make sense because what if you have more than 2 years data?

RELAXSEE:

if(CalendarYear='2016', mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2),mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2) &' YTD' = (mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2)), sum(if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='RELAXSEE',DeliveredQty,0)), sum({<Year, Month, DateField = {">=$(=YearStart(Max(DateField))) <=$(=Max(DateField))"}>} if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='RELAXSEE',DeliveredQty,0)))

ONLINE WIDE:

if(CalendarYear='2016', mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2),mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2) &' YTD' = (mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2)), sum(if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='RELAXSEE',DeliveredQty,0)), sum({<Year, Month, DateField = {">=$(=YearStart(Max(DateField))) <=$(=Max(DateField))"}>} if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='ONLINE WIDE',DeliveredQty,0)))

DIGILIFE:

if(CalendarYear='2016', mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2),mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2) &' YTD' = (mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2)), sum(if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='RELAXSEE',DeliveredQty,0)), sum({<Year, Month, DateField = {">=$(=YearStart(Max(DateField))) <=$(=Max(DateField))"}>} if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='DIGILIFE',DeliveredQty,0)))

HOME & OFFICE:

if(CalendarYear='2016', mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2),mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2) &' YTD' = (mid(CalendarYearQtr,6,2) &' '& mid(CalendarYearQtr,3,2)), sum(if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='RELAXSEE',DeliveredQty,0)), sum({<Year, Month, DateField = {">=$(=YearStart(Max(DateField))) <=$(=Max(DateField))"}>} if(ProductFamilyGroup = 'ELIFE' and ProductFamilyDescr='HOME & OFFICE',DeliveredQty,0)))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil, Always, I load last two years data in the dashboard. But when i update these expression, below attached error i am facing. I am unable to understand this syntax. Please advice.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

stalwar1‌ Bhai, Kuch ee dekho

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Jarur Anil bhai....

Are these numbers correct (without relative checked)? Just need each bar to sum up to 100%?

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Is this the goal?

Capture.PNG

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Sunny,

Can you we write the expression like below for your attached qvw file?

=Sum({<ProductFamilyGroup = {'ELIFE'}, ProductFamilyDescr = {'HOME & OFFICE'}>} DeliveredQty)/

RangeSum(

Sum({<ProductFamilyGroup = {'ELIFE'}, ProductFamilyDescr = {'RELAXSEE','ONLINE WIDE','DIGILIFE','HOME & OFFICE'} >} DeliveredQty))

Just a thought.

sunny_talwar

Sure we can

Or this if these are the only 4 values

=Sum({<ProductFamilyGroup = {'ELIFE'}, ProductFamilyDescr = {'HOME & OFFICE'}>} DeliveredQty)/Sum({<ProductFamilyGroup = {'ELIFE'}, ProductFamilyDescr>} DeliveredQty)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Goal, Is to compare Quarter wise data of 2016 with quarter wise 2017 YTD.

Ex: Q12016 - stack bar has to show data of Jan, Feb and Mar of 2016 quantity, But Q12017(Jan,Feb,Mar of 2017) should contain YTD data.

i.e, Q1 2017(Jan,Feb,Mar of 2017) , Q2 2017(Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,Jun,July of 2017) , Q3 2017(9months of 2017),Q4 2017(12 months of 2017).

Thanks to confirm and advice about data model change as well.

Regards,

Krishna

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think still you are looking some other output. I am not sure, we are not following you.

Instead of that create straight table

Dimension as Month

And expressions are

1) Simple quarters of sales using 2016 for restriction

2) Create expression and do same with 2017 for YTD calculation.

POS - looks like this is for comparison so you could use bar graph to good presentation.

Note - I would ask high priority mark response as helpful that may link up your issue to look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil, As i am new to qlikview, Please suggest me about below things possibly with a sample attachment. 1. Instead of that create straight table Dimension as Month And expressions are 1) Simple quarters of sales using 2016 for restriction 2) Create expression and do same with 2017 for YTD calculation.