Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Complete API documentation?

Is there any better API documentation available?

I'm trying to find all the properties and methods of the ExpressionData object.

7 Replies
Not applicable

Have you checked out the APIGuide.qvw QlikView application? It should have been installed with QlikView. It can also be found at http://www.qlik.com/download

The Guide has a reference tab and an example tab. The APIGuide seems to always be in my recent documents list.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

If the properties and methods of the ExpressionData object are in there, I can't find them.

Not applicable

go to the "Automation Examples" sheet

enter *ExpressionData*, it shows 12 examples in a tree view, click on the + sign and hover over the differen lines to see the code sections behind. Pick the one that is closest to what you want to do.

Navigation in the sheets requires some training but if you spend some time on it it will give you a wealth of information.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks for the reply. That helps, but still doesn't give me a complete list of preperties and methods.

Not applicable

Please post what you would like to achieve. In the object model you can pick out your basic object you want to modify, e.g. a chart.

This should bring you to the Automation Members sheet where (about in the middle) you have a list with "Select Class from ..."

Here you have a class IGraphProperties, click on this and in the bottom table scroll down to Member=Expressions. Now drill further down ...

As said, it does not come for free but after some time it will be useful.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks again for the reply.

What I'm trying to do is get the value of the chart expression and store in a variable.

Not applicable

use the second example given in the Automation Examples for *ExpressionData*. Leave out the add statements and see whether you see your expressions.

To store the expression into a variable first create the variable (Settings, Variable Overview, Add)

In the macro use

ActiveDocument.Variables("<your variable name>").SetContent <retrieved expression>, true