Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

Concat Issue

Hello All,

I am selecting contains based on some specific conditions set as a part of button actions:  For that I am using Concat function :

='("' & concat(DISTINCT [Field], '"|"') & '")'

This works fine in all the cases. But I have certain field values with  -  character.  i.e. JT 6"   OR Long 4" 

in this case it wont work.

can you please help me out to get the solution ?

Thanks

18 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This data is really messy. It is also double quotes that doesn't mean inches in there and a lot of single quotes too. You need to wash your data and it is more complicated than just a few lines of load script. For instance should the double quotes that means inches be preceded by numbers and if not they should be replaced by something else so you have a more complicated replace pattern...

sunny_talwar

Not sure how this is getting used, but won't the attached work for you?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Looking closer at your data it seems like this comes from a system that does it's own kind of quoting logic. So it seems like starting ending single quotes should be removed. And likewise starting and ending double quotes should be removed. And finally all double double-qutoes should be single doubles quotes. Only then can you apply the logic I explained to you...

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny - Basically we dont want to change the look and fill of the original Field FILE.  We just want to copy the Field from one state to another as it is.  Please suggest

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached, getting rid of the compound search?

sunny_talwar

Not sure what the reluctance is. On the front end you would still be working with the FILE field. The only time you would use FILE_NEW is to do selections and copying things over etc (which won't even be visible to the users).

I am not saying this is the best way and knowing Petter and Stefan,  I am sure they will come up with much better ways to do it, but I think you can definitely explore the option I proposed and test it out a little more.

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi swuehl

Once again you NAILED it.  Your expression looks pretty simple and straightforward and moreover it has doesnt required the Data Manipulation.

Thanks a Ton. Please suggest me how you develop the approach - what we should do extra to ramp up in terms of Qlik experties?

Hi Sunny - Definitely  I will keep this in mind as well. Even if I am not using it now, its good to know the approach you suggested.

Hello - Colin and Petter,

Your suggestions are also valuable. Thanks again.

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have one more query - The Selections are now as per expectations from one state to another. But my Table chart is dynamic and based on the SLIDER object the expressions are controlled and so that the dimensions. I.e. if I have total 10 rows in the Table originally but my slider is set such a way that only 5 are visible. Hence only 5 dimensions are visible. Now if I am saying select All - its selecting all 10 Dimensions which doesnt make sense. If my slider allow me to see only 5 dimensions, then Select all should select only 5 dimensions.

Can you please suggest how we can pass the Dynamically controlled expressions(and hence dimensions) from 1 state to another?

Thanks

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Stefen.

last time you have provided the solution to the issue above where I wanted to add and append selected fields from one state to another. I have worked on the same lines to remove the selection from the another state with diff button action

It works fine in my application.

But it shows formula in the current selections instead of the actual selections. To get rid off it I have added one more button action - "Select Possible"  IN the intended field.  But its not giving correct results when I am removing selections from another button.

Can you please let me know how to display the actual selections in the current selections box rather than Formula...that too without using the  SELECT POSSIBLE additional action ?

Attached is the sample accplication