Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concatenate Fields in Table After Load

Hi All,

I've been doing some searching and can't resolve what I think should be a relatively easy problem.  I'm new to Qlikview, so I apologize in advance.

I have a QVD load statement that creates a table called Financials.  This if followed by several left joins / loads that bring in related dimensions from other tables, so that Financials is one, big happy flat table.  But after the last left join / load, I want to concatenate two of the resulting data fields that now make up Financials ([Cost F/L#] and [Cost FY/Period]) so that it makes 1 key field called [FL\Period].

Below are the final few lines of my load statement.  Everything works fine up until the last line when I try to create that key field.  Again, the 2 field that I want to concatenate should already exist in the Financials table by the time I get to the concatenation statement.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.  I hope someday to be able to repay the favor!

Left Join ('Financials')

LOAD Date(CALENDAR_DATE) as [Cost Date],
FISCAL_YEAR & 'P' & FISCAL_MONTH as [Cost FY/Period]     
FROM [..\20_QVD\TIME_DIM.qvd] (qvd);

LOAD Concat([Cost F/L#], [Cost FY/Period]) as [FL/Period];

3 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You can not use the last LOAD statement like this:

you have to use

resident

to point to your l already loaded table

LOAD Concat([Cost F/L#], [Cost FY/Period]) as [FL/Period]

resident 'Financielas';

(for the Cost FY/Period] field)

More:

How to use resident in script of qlikview ?

sunny_talwar

I think when concatenating two fields into one you need to use & instead of Concat function. Concat function concatenate values within a single field.

Try this:

[Cost F/L#] & [Cost FY/Period] as [FL/Period]

Best,

S

maxgro
MVP
MVP

don't think concat is the function you want

1.jpg

I think sunindia is right, you need &

[Cost F/L#] & '|' & [Cost FY/Period]  as [FL/Period]

1.jpg