Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Concatenating SECTION ACCESS with Procedure CALL cause user id and password required?

It seems to work fine in the developer tool but when i try to deploy it starts to ask for id and password.

ODBC CONNECT TO BD_BI_Homolog ***

Section Access;
AccessControl:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, NTNAME, REGION, PRODUCT, PERIOD, OBJECT, PROFILE
    ADMIN, MYSERVER\DEVELOPER,,,,,
];

concatenate
LOAD
*;
SQL exec PR_BI_GetBIAccess;

Section Application;

Disconnect

The procedure PR_BI_GETBIACCESS returns something like this:

ACCESS           NTNAME                                                     REGION    PRODUCT   PERIOD    OBJECT    PROFILE

ADMIN         MYSERVER\DEVELOPER                                                                                                 ADMINISTRATOR

USER MYSERVER\DFGSDF                                                                  R-ASA  

USER MYSERVER\DFGSDF                                                                  V-ASA

USER MYSERVER\DFGSDF                                               NEW YORK

USER MYSERVER\DFGSDF                                                                                                                 WEBSTATISTICS

Something like that, anyone has any idea of why when i deploy is it asking for password and user id?

5 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Lucas,

Does it work with just the Inline table?

If you comment out the Section Access statement, does the table load and look correct?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Even when i leave only the inline table it still ask me for userid and passwrod.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Looks like it doesn't like your SERVER\USERNAME.

I tested just the inline here and it works fine for me.

If you add a text object to a screen and add the expression:

=OSUser()

What value does it show?  Is it the same as the SERVER\USERNAME that you have in the section access?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Did u tested it on a developer tool or deployed on the server?

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It won't work on the server without other data - some users in Section Access must be connected to the data for it to work correctly.  It is because of the "Strict Exclusion" option.

If you have Section Access commented out, and you load the security table as normal, are the users actually connected to the data.

Stephen