Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Condition in Expression

Hi,

Newbie here... any suggestions on how to remove the Backlog Re-compete line (in red box) from the pivot below? I may just be using the wrong syntax but here is the main logic for the expression for FY17 Total:.

if (Layer -= 'Backlog' and Sub_Layer -= 'Re-compete', Sum({$<DRVD_PRD_SUB_ROLLUP-={"NULL"},DRVD_PRD_STATUS-={"Lead"}>}DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL) )

TIA for your help!

Carol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Corrected the spelling mistake ''Re-complete'' to "'Re-compete'"

Replace the dimension [Sub Layer]

with

if (Layer = 'Backlog' and [Sub Layer]='Re-compete',null(),[Sub Layer] ) and use supress null on this dimension checked

Keep the expression like...

Sum({$<DRVD_PRD_SUB_ROLLUP-={"NULL"},DRVD_PRD_STATUS-={"Lead"}>}DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have a look at

Excluding values in Set Analysis

Identify an appropriate key field you can use within the set analysis, may something like TransactionID, then

Sum({$<TransactionID = e({<(Layer = {'Backlog'}, Sub_Layer = ['Re-compete'}>}), DRVD_PRD_SUB_ROLLUP-={"NULL"},DRVD_PRD_STATUS-={"Lead"}>}DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL)

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({$<DRVD_PRD_SUB_ROLLUP-={"NULL"},DRVD_PRD_STATUS-={"Lead"}, Layer -= {'Backlog', 'Re-compete'}>} DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL)

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Corrected the spelling mistake ''Re-complete'' to "'Re-compete'"

Replace the dimension [Sub Layer]

with

if (Layer = 'Backlog' and [Sub Layer]='Re-compete',null(),[Sub Layer] ) and use supress null on this dimension checked

Keep the expression like...

Sum({$<DRVD_PRD_SUB_ROLLUP-={"NULL"},DRVD_PRD_STATUS-={"Lead"}>}DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL)

Not applicable
Author

Great idea, I thought it would work but it. I also tried simplifying the expression to like below and it also did not work:

Sum(DRVD_PRD_MTHLY_SPND_AMT_FY2ALL)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny, but it did not work.

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Check if my correcting the spelling mistake ''Re-complete'' to 'Re-compete'  ?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Do you think you can share a sample ? So that we can try and give you a better or working solution.

Not applicable
Author

Oh, perfect! That worked, thanks!

Not applicable
Author

I will look at this too.  Thanks!