Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeorgeQV
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional Chart Expression Formatting based on Variable

Dear all,

in the attached file, I show a chart with different KPI and values. Based on the KPI, the expression format should be in % or in absolute numbers. When the user select the KPI "Physical availability" or "Utilisation", it should be in percent. Otherwise in absolute numbers. I created a variable vExprFormat and use this in the bubble chart as dimension number format. However, it does not work. I could not find the solutions here to be useful for my case so I ask for advice.

gottsmann_0-1597224442264.png

Thank you for your effort and best regards,

GG

Labels (3)
3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi ,

Try like 

settu_periasamy_1-1597226744485.png

And, the number format settings should be 'Expression Default'  (Number tab)

GeorgeQV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, but I already tried exactly this. All the bubbles and their values disappear for some selected KPI. It's not working as it should be.

Note: The expression tab of the bubble chart is NOT the value that is displayed inside them. I had to use a little trick. The third dimension is the value that is displayed.

Regards,

GG

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect you may be hitting a timing issue or something along those lines.  I suspect the better solution would be to use a Button object to click to display each version of the chart that way you can use the actions to set things when the button is clicked, that should be much more reliable I believe.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.