Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacqueshol
Creator
Creator

Conditional Expression: Count If

Hi there,

I have Accpac data in which the Fuel Price is captured as a GroupCode with value 9908.  Other GroupCode values are 9901 (Trading Days), 9902 (Wage Weeks), 9906 (Kilometres), etc.

I want to count the distinct number of cost centres for which the Fuel Price is larger than 0.  I have used the following expression, but get an error message: "Nested aggregation not allowed":

=count(distinct if(sum({<[GroupCode]={'9908'}>} TRANSAMT)> 0, [Cost Centre]))

I've always imported the Fuel Price through an Excel sheet and used the following expression which worked well:

=count(distinct if(FuelPrice>0,[Cost Centre]))

The Fuel Price is now captured directly into Accpac under the GroupCode of 9908 and not available in Excel any longer.  In other words, what used to be FuelPrice is now [GroupCode]={'9908'}.  I have therefore also tried the following to avoid the nested problem:

=count(distinct if([GroupCode]={'9908'}> 0, [Cost Centre]) )

but this is erroneous as well. Error message: "Error in expression: ')' expected.

Can anyone please assist me? I really need to count (distinct) the number of cost centres for which the fuel price is larger than zero.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Jacques

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Count({<[Cost Centre] = {"=SUM({<GroupCode = {'9908'}>}TRANSAMT)>0"}>}Distinct [Cost Centre])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Count({<[Cost Centre] = {"=SUM({<GroupCode = {'9908'}>}TRANSAMT)>0"}>}Distinct [Cost Centre])

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

Oh my goodness, I wasn't expecting an answer so quickly.  Let me try it and see if i can get it to work.

jacqueshol
Creator
Creator
Author

No way!  It works perfectly.  Thank you kindly Manish!  You have really helped me out.  I sincerely appreciate your assistance.