Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count of rows in a straight table with if condition in expression

we have put if condition an an expression lets say for calculating values which are less that 25% . We are getting some rows in the straight table. But when I am trying to take count of rows in other text box somehow i am not able to get correct value. Can you please suggest what would be the correct expression and approach?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Something like this: count(aggr( if( ...something < 25%... ,1),Dim1,Dim2,...DimN)). Replace Dim1,Dim2,...DimN with the names of the dimensions in your straight chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am getting values in a straight table and the count of rows i want in a different text box. Suppose in a straight table total no. of rows are 50 then in a text box i should get count as '50'. will that be possible with the above expression?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Something like this: count(aggr( if( ...something < 25%... ,1),Dim1,Dim2,...DimN)). Replace Dim1,Dim2,...DimN with the names of the dimensions in your straight chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Gysbert. It worked. Just one more query, Suppose i have to get count by using dual condition like greater than 25% and less than 50% how should i use in the above expression?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Just replace the if statement with a new if statement that tests both conditions. If( x > 25% and x < 50%,1)

Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

What if I have calculated dimension with an If statement also?

Regards,

Vishal

Not applicable
Author

Can I use aggr() or IF as a Dim1 and Dim2 etc. in the aggr expression suggested by you?

Please help I am in a fix