Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucejensen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional Expression on Stacked Chart

I have a stacked bar chart where my dimension is Quarter and my Expressions are totals of various departments (Claims, Underwriting, etc.) When a user selects a Department from the multi box, I'd like the chart to change and just show the department selected. The default (no selections) would show all Departments.

From this:

chart before.jpg

To This:

chart after.jpg

I accomplished this using WildMatch(Concat([Roll-Up Dept],'/'),'Claims') but it has a couple problems. The default view is an empty chart. You have to select a Dept to view it. I'd like the default to show all depts. (the full stack like above). And it won't let me select multiple depts. I've seen this work on a table but can't get it to work on the stacked chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I would suggest to use The Crosstable Load to convert each department into a single column.... but with your current structure, you can use this for your conditional expressions.... for instance for Sum(Claims), use this:

=SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT  '|' &[Roll-up Dept]) & '|', '|Claims|')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is your expression

sunny_talwar

Are you using set analysis on Department field? If you are, then you might need an asterisk before your equal sign

Implicit Set Operators

Sum({<Department *= {...}>}Measure)

brucejensen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The expressions are Sum(Claims), Sum(Underwriting), etc. to make up the individual parts of the stack

brucejensen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No b/c each expression is a dept itself. Sum(Claims), Sum(Underwriting), Sum(CCC)

sunny_talwar

I would suggest to use The Crosstable Load to convert each department into a single column.... but with your current structure, you can use this for your conditional expressions.... for instance for Sum(Claims), use this:

=SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT  '|' &[Roll-up Dept]) & '|', '|Claims|')

brucejensen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much!