Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional count of field in text object based on expression held in variable.

Hi,

I have a text object (# of IRs) that I want to display the distinct count of CHANGE_ID based on an expression where the CHANGE_ID's TOTAL SCORE is <= 7. The expression works in a Pivot Chart but when I put the expression into a variable (v_total_score) and bake that into the text object, it only counts when you drill to one CHANGE_ID.

The below image shows what I'm trying to do.

qv problem.JPG

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Count({<CHANGE_ID = {"=sum(TOTAL CHANGE_ID)<=7"} >} distinct CHANGE_ID)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

When I use Count({<CHANGE_ID = {"=sum(v_total_score)<=7"} >} distinct CHANGE_ID) it counts all CHANGE_ID's and doesn't filter out those where the TOTAL SCORE is <= 7.

I'm wondering if I need to use Aggr() in here somewhere?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think you need any aggregation over expression. Can you show where and how you are declare the variable

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See below. Something to consider, the v_total_score variable works in a text object when a single CHANGE_ID is selected but shows '-' when more than one is selected.

qv problem.JPG

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Try

=Sum ( TOTAL  AGGR( YOUREXPRESSION , CHANGE_ID ) )

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please attach file to test

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil, did you attach it?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No, I am asking please attach some sample application to test

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you go.