Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II

Conditional display Table

Hi All,

I have created Pivot table converted to cross table with 2 dim and 2 measures and created Table Box with some attributes.

from this i am trying to display the Table box conditionally based on selection of Cell from Pivot table.

i have used getfieldselections function in Table box layout tab(Show Always or Conditional) but not working as expected.

Can any one suggest the solution.

Thanks

Rajesh.

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What exact expression have you tried?

Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(short_description))>0, 1, 0) used expression in Layout tab in Table Box

tresesco
MVP
MVP

That should work. Or, a simpler expression =GetSelectedCount(short_description) could work. Could share your sample qvw?

bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

can you provide sample app??

Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Tresesco,

Capture.PNG

i have created Calendar view with using Pivot chart need to select on Cell of the Chart and it should display the respected cell data in Table box and it should hide the Pivot Chart.

i tried using Week field its working but i need to select the cell of the Pivot.

Thanks

Rajesh

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you select a field value from a chart, your conditional display might work, however, if you are selecting a cell that is coming from expression , it might not work that way.

Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

so how can we achieve the required functionality.

is there any other workaround.

can you suggest

tresesco
MVP
MVP

When you are clicking on a specific cell, see which fields values corresponding to it are getting selected. You might try using the same field(s) in the layout expression.